Access Bank Customer Service – Access Bank plc is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank that is has its headquarters in Nigeria. It is authorized under Central Bank of Nigeria regulations
The organization started off as a corporate bank and acquired the personal and business banking platforms of a Nigerian company in 2012. Access Bank is one of the five largest banks in Nigeria with an annual net profit of N1 million. On the 1st of April, Access Bank and Diamond Bank, the largest bank in Africa, merged. The merger of Access Bank and Diamond Bank now signifies the commencement of a new enlarged banking entity.
The bank acquired its banking license in 1989 and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998.
- 2002: Access Bank was taken over by a core of new management headed by Aig-Imoukhuede Aig-Imoukhuede and Wigwe Herbert.
- 2005: Access Bank acquired Marina Bank and Capital Bank through a merger.
- 2007: Access Bank established a Banjul subsidiary. Now the bank has opened four new branches, and they plan to open four more in the near future.
- 2008: Access Bank acquired 88% of Omnifinance Bank which was established in 1996. It acquired 90% ownership of privately held Banque Privée du Congo, a South African bank. Access Bank acquired majority control of Bancor SA, in Rwanda. Bancor was founded in 1995 and then reorganized in 2001. In September, Access Bank opened a subsidiary in Sierra Leone and then, in October, the bank opened subsidiaries in Zambia and in London, UK.
- 2008: Finbank (Burundi) joined Access Bank, but was subsequently removed from the group in early 2014.
- 2011: The Central Bank of Nigeria was in talks with Access Bank to acquire Intercontinental Bank plc. (NIGERIA).
- Access Bank plc acquired Intercontinental Bank, recapitalized it, and financed its acquisition of a 75 percent controlling interest in its stock. The combined effect of the revaluation of the bank’s assets at zero, and the injection of N50billion capital by Access Bank plc, is that Intercontinental Bank is now well-capitalized, with shareholders funds of N50billion and a CAR of 24%, well above the 10% regulatory threshold.
- January 2012: Access Bank announced the conclusion of its acquisition of the former Intercontinental Bank, creating an expanded Access Bank with over 5.7 million customers and 309 branches (ATMs).
- In 2012 the London High Court convicted former CEO of Access Bank Erastus Ajibola to refund over $1billion to Access Bank.
- In December 2018, Access Bank Plc acquires Diamond Bank, stating that it should be completed by the end of the first half of this year.
- 2020: Kenya’s Transnational Bank acquires Brooklyn-based Access Bank, including 100% of shares and 28 branches.
- 2020: In October, a banking subsidiary will be established in Mozambique. Also, plans have been announced to restructure the company and consolidate operations in South Africa.
Access Bank Phone Numbers and Emails
- +2 341 877 1491
- +2 341 877 1496
- +2 341 271 2005
- +2 341 271 2007
- +2 341 280 2500
Access Bank Website:
Access Bank Online Chat:
- Visit contact page
Corporate Office Address:
53, Davies Street,
London, W1K 5JH, GB
9, La Tebu Crescent, Off Giffard Road,
East Cantonments. Accra 1, GH
30, Siaka Stevens Street,
Freetown, Sierra Leone 1, SL
47 Kairaba Avenue, Fajara.,
K.S.M.D, The Gambia 0, GM