Fitbit, headquartered in San Francisco, California, is an American consumer electronics and fitness company. Its products include activity trackers, smartwatches, and other wireless-enabled wearable technology devices that track data such as steps taken, heart rate, sleep quality, steps climbed, and other personal health metrics. Healthy Metrics Analysis, Inc. was the company’s previous name until October 2007. Although it appears that these devices increase physical activity, there is no evidence that they enhance health outcomes. Google revealed its plan to acquire Fitbit for $2.1 billion in 2019. Following regulatory approvals in the United States and Europe, the deal was concluded in January 2021.
Maybe you don’t have a Fitbit anymore, or you’d like to start fresh with a new account. Whatever the cause, you can now uninstall your Fitbit account permanently using the Fitbit app or the Fitbit website.
What Happens If Your Fitbit Account Is Deleted?
When you uninstall your Fitbit account, your data will be erased within 30 days of obtaining confirmation via email. Any subscriptions you might have, such as Coach Premium, will be deleted if you delete your account.
How to Delete a Fitbit Account from an iPhone or Android Device
These guidelines refer to both iPhone and Android users, which have the same account deletion options in the app menu.
Check out: Best Tablet for Teaching
- Sign in to your Fitbit account by pressing the Fitbit icon on your home screen. You’ll need to enter your login credentials if you aren’t already logged in.
- To access your account settings, tap the user account icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Scroll down to Handle Data and press it.
- Tap Remove Account from the Manage Data screen.
- Tap Delete My Account & Data on the next page. This will give you a confirmation text, which you must confirm in order to finish the deletion process.
- Check your email to confirm the Fitbit deletion.
How to Deactivate Your Fitbit Account on the Fitbit Website
While the Fitbit app is most widely used on a mobile device, you can also view and uninstall your Fitbit account via the Fitbit website.
- Sign in to your Fitbit account at fitbit.com.
- Pick the gear icon in the top right corner of your personal dashboard, then Settings.
- Select Delete Account at the bottom of the page after scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your account password to validate the deletion.
- To finish the operation, check your email and confirm the Fitbit deletion.
Read: Quickcheck Loan
How to Uninstall Fitbit Data Without Deleting Account
If you want to delete the data associated with your tracker (for example, if you’re selling or giving it away), you don’t have to delete the whole account.
You can either uninstall the product from your Fitbit account or perform a factory reset, depending on the type of Fitbit you have. Without having to uninstall your account, you can clear the data associated with your tracker using these options. This will save you time and effort in the future when you need to set up a new account to pair with a different computer.
The Ace 2, Inspire Series, Aria 2, Charge 3, Ionic and Versa Series, and Flyer can all be factory reset.